Amel Super Maramu - USD 350,000
These Category A yachts have an almost cult following, and justifiably so. Designed specifically for circumnavigating, Henri Amel placed great propriety design features into what may be his most popular yacht. Factory support is excellent and spares are shipped expediently worldwide.
This yacht comes to the market as one of the best maintained we have seen... she carries some very expensive spare parts already and is obviously so well maintained by her lifelong cruising owners. 'Cassiopee II' is a Redline Super Maramu and came from the factory with the 'comfort pack'... extras like the 100hp turbo engine, genset, bow thruster, washing machine, air conditioning, heating and more. The yacht has an absolutely superb inventory..
As hull number 467 she was one of the last Super Maramu's to be built and the yacht benefits from the very tasteful interior design scheme comprising clean white linings throughout with the teak laminate soles.
Inspection by appointment with YBC.
|Designer: Henry Amel & J. Carteau
||Builder: Amel (FRA)
||Ballast: 5,100 kg
Engine: Yanmar 4JH3 HTE
Engine hours: 3616
Generator : Onan 7Kw
|Steering: Wheel, hydraulic
||Autopilot: Raymarine ST7001+ Rotary and linear drive)
Hull: Solid GRP
Deck: Balsatec core
Fuel: 600 litres (1 s/s tank)
Water: 1000 litres (keel)
|Length : 16.00m
Speed u/power: 7 kts
These yachts boast two generous sized cabins fore and aft, each with an identical sized bathroom. The forward guest double has two single berths, drop down writing desk and plenty of secure locker space. Provision is made to extend the port side berth to a double, retaining the single berth opposite. The cabin is yet more comfortable with soft blue carpeting.
The main saloon is quite beautiful, classic mahogany joinery and perfect lighting. It features a large U-shaped dining table that extends to seat up to ten people. Upholstery throughout the interior is covered by Amel beige Alcantara. All hatches have fitted bug screens when needed. For entertainment, there is a 21 inch flatscreen SHARP TV, DVD player and stereo radio.
The galley is also generous in size. The washing machine is sited under the end of the counter.
Moving aft past the forward facing navigation station, there is a hanging wet locker before the aft passageway to the owners cabin. A good sized berth here also has a wooden lee board, as do other berths.
The upgraded aft cabin, featuring a large double and spare adult size bed, is also carpeted. All beds have coconut sub mattresses and all bedding is fitted by Amel supplier 'Victoria Yachting'.
The yacht has three separate and independent air conditioning and heating units, 220VAC, guest cabin, saloon and owner's aft cabin.
A secure sailing design with heaps of fiddled CORIAN countertop, drawer, shelf and locker space.
- Double sink with draining board
- Pressurised hot and cold water
- Four burner gas stove and oven
- PANASONIC microwave oven (2017)
- Front opening 24VDC fridge and deep freeze
- Additional 24VDC deep freeze in saloon
- 220VAC top loading BRANDT washing machine (2016)
- WEBASTO Isotemp 40 litre water heater (220 volt and engine heat exchanger)
The yacht has the Amel option direct fresh water connection from the pontoon, pressurising the whole system and removing the fresh water pump from the loop.
Two, electric c/w separate 55 litre integral holding tanks. Holding tanks a brilliant design, access from deck to simply washdown through outlet.
Batteries & Electrics:
The yacht's AC system is 220 volt, shore power inlet and all cabin outlets. 24 volt, 500 watt inverter/charger and another 30 amp battery charger. The yacht's DC system is 12 and 24VDC.
- 9 x 105Ah batteries comprising 12 volt engine batteries @ 105Ah and 24 volt house batteries @ 420Ah. (all new in 2016)
Charging by generator, two battery chargers, 12 volt engine alternator, 24 volt engine alternator, 8 solar panels (50 watts each) and AirX wind generator (400 watts)
| Electronics & Navigation:
- RAYMARINE ST7001+ autopilot ( 2 motors and 2 computers, linear and rotary drive)
- RAYMARINE GYROPLUS (an extra to autopilot, which is a smart heading unit providing extremely fast course control – wind > 20 knots)
- PG 1000 mini gyro-pilot overlayed on radar for ARPA
- FURUNO GP-90 GPS (new internal battery2017)
- B&G hydra 2000 central navigation
- FURUNO 2721 DSC VHF radio
- FURUNO FR 1832 radar c/w ARPA 10 tx option
- ICOM 706 MkIIG HF radio
- PACTOR 3 Pro modem
- MOTOROLA 9505 Iridium satphone c/w external antenna
- VESPERMARINE AIS Class B transponder (connected to computer)
- RLB - 35 EPIRB Cat 1 SARSAT
- EPIRB ‘Advanced Tracking’ anti-tampering and anti-theft Inmarsat
- Amel tablet computer
- Computer loaded with C-map and free software. The computer centralises information received from GPS, radar, Iridium, SSB (using Pactor 3 via Sailmail). It supports three navigation software (Maxsea, Open CPN, SASPlanet) and receives the information weather reports either by SSB or by Iridium. Arpa system completes AIS for small boats.
- Sailing instrument repeaters in cockpit
- Cockpit VHF radio
- INTERPHASE Probe forward looking sonar in cockpit
- YANMAR 4JH3 HTE. The turbo diesel with Amel Transmission (U Drive), ZF mechanical gearbox, is located in the watertight engine room and access from the cockpit sole is fast and easy. Fuel is filtered by double RACOR filters. Electric and manual guages for fuel tank. The engine has two alternators, one for engine battery and the other for house bank.
- ONAN 7Kw Generator. 2851 original hours.
- AMEL 24 V retractable bow thruster
- 220 volt watermaker. 180 lph. 461 hours.
- Central bilge system with automatic and manual bilge pumps.
- DEME Hydranet tri-radial in mast furling main (electric)
- DEME Hydranet tri-radial in mast furling mizzen (manual)
- DEME Hydranet tri-radial genoa (electric furling)
- DEME Mizzen staysail
- DEME Genoa cover
- DEME Ballooner (electric furling)
The Amel double downwind pole system is a fantastic feature combined with the genoa and ballooner both fed into luff grooves on the foil. Sail area can be simply reduced at the touch of a button. To drop the ballooner is also a very safe and easy operation as it is backed onto the surface of the genoa and gently lowered onto deck.
Covers for headsail, main and mizzen furling mechanisms.
Mast and Rigging:
- Deck stepped, white painted, electric AMEL furling main mast with two sets of aft swept spreaders
- Electric outhaul for mainsail
- Deck stepped, white painted AMEL mizzen mast with manual furler and one set of aft swept spreaders
- Double AMEL downwind pole system with complete rigging
- Extra spinnaker halyard
Rig last surveyed in 2014.
Deck Gear :
- 11 x LEWMAR winches, 8 manual and 3 electric
- Solid s/s guard rails
- Stainless steel stern arch for davits, solar panels c/w electric winches and lighting
- Stainless steel security grills for all hatches
- Deck shower c/w hot and cold water
- Gas locker c/w 3 x Campingaz R907 cylinders and 2 x composite gas cylinders, 6kg and 10kg.
- Inbuilt transom boarding
- Quick stowing cockpit table & cockpit cushions
- LOFRANS 24volt 1200 watt windlass c/w deck and cockpit operation
- Double bow roller
- 30kg WASI BUGEL anchor
- 75m of 10mm chain
- 25kg Brittany anchor
- Auto anchor wash with control from cockpit
- Chain counter
- 6 person VIKING life raft
- Horseshoe rescue buoy
- Life Buoy rescue sling
- 6 inflatable life jackets
- Safety lines
Dinghy and Outboard:
10' inflatable CARIBE. 15hp YAMAHA 2t..